Wednesday, February 18, 2009

BabyMouse: Puppy Love- Graphic Novel


BabyMouse: Puppy Love

by Jennifer & Matt Holm

This is the first graphic novel that I have ever read. Although I opposed the idea of graphic novels at first, after completing this novel I became more open to the idea of graphic novels. I found myself hooked after reading the first page. I couldn't put it down. The novel is about a mouse that is struggling with being responsible for her pets. I like the way the author uses humor that readers of all ages can appreciate. I feel like graphic novels can be helpful for students who typically do not seem interested in reading, due to the similar nature that graphic novels have with comics.


Babymouse seems to have a bad past when it comes to her pets and caring properly for them. She has had several goldfish as pets- some died and one ran away. She starts off with several different pet fish and then slowly moves up to larger pets, but maintains having issues with being responsible. She tries to convince her mother that she will change. As I read, the author builds up interest by making the reader ponder if Babymouse will get the dog of her dreams. I was so intrigued by this particular book, that I researched the series and found out it was the eighth novel in the series. This was a wonderful book, that would be beneficial to readers that comprehend better with illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment